Thursday, August 26, 2010

UBIC

Earlier this month was UBIC! Uintah Basin In Celebration. Since I can remember it's been a Merkley family tradition to go to this outside night of fun! This year was no exception! Music was by Nathan Osmond and Pattie Loveless this year. (I hope I got her last name right...)

Kayson did great! He didn't mind the noise and he LOVED Aunt Pam tickling his cheeks! Jace LOVED it! He loved the noise, he loved being with G & G Merkley and he LOVED the fireworks! That happens to be my favorite part too! While we, Jace, me Grandma M and Aunt Pam, were walking around the crowded booth area, Jace started crying and saying "ooo, oooo" I couldn't figure out what he was saying so we bought him a 3 dollar toy and went back to our seats. I sat him on Ryan's lap and Ryan asked me, "Where is his shoe Katie?" Uhhh.... My mom then leans over and says, "That's what he was saying Katie. Shoe, shoe!" OH!...Oh...crap. Now, if you have ever been to UBIC finding something you lost is like finding a needle in a haystack. But we just bought those shoes for Jace the day before and I was NOT going to let one of them be lost! So Aunt Cami walked with me to go find it. After looking on the ground where he started crying, Cami had the idea to ask the vendors. I walked up to an older gentleman selling bird houses and he said, "Yes! In fact I tried it on, but it didn't stretch over my foot. Is that it?" After laughing at his cute joke I got Jace's shoe off his sign, said thanks, and walked proudly back to our seats. I was in complete shock that we had found it, but I'm so glad we did! Now when Jace starts crying, I'll look at his feet first.

The fireworks were awesome! And Jace couldn't get enough of them. I took some pictures so now when he sees them he'll say, "eerks, eerks!" Since we live in Vernal, we didn't get home until midnight though, so next year I think we'll stay at someones house! Any offers???







Well I'm going to bed. In case you haven't heard, Jace is not the only one sick anymore. Kayson and I also have ear infections. Yeah. Fun. I've actually decided it's better for us to all be sick at the same time. Now I don't have to worry about when it's going to hit the next family member which cuts the sick time in half! I'm looking forward to getting better and back to normal!

No comments: