Friday, October 3, 2008

Baby Jace


Jace Ryan Hartle is the 2nd love of my life! He was born July 15th, 2008 weighing 9 lbs 3 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. As you can tell labor took it's toll on me and I was sick for about 2 weeks after he was born. When I was finally feeling better we both got dressed to go to town. It was so nice to be outside and feeling good. Jace is such a fun baby! He loves to look at everything and he is so strong! Since he was born he's been able to hold his head up and smile. Everyday he shows me a little more of his personality. He's now 2 1/2 months old and he can grab things, sit on his tummy for a few minutes while holding his head up, he can laugh a little, he talks non-stop, he tries to stand on his feet while I'm holding him on my lap, and when he gets excited he moves his whole body like he's doing ju./mping jacks. I never knew motherhood could be so rewarding. Even though he throws up and makes huge messy diapers for me to clean, it's worth every minute!

2 month appointments for babies are not exactly fun. They have to get a regular check up then get shots! Jace weighed 12 lbs 10 oz and was 23 1/2 inches long. WOW he grew. Such a big healthy boy. Then came the shots. Poor kid! When she poked him he immediately became red and he cried his "I'm in PAIN" cry. I didn't cry, but when the nurse was done I was SO happy to hold him and comfort him. My poor baby got a 100 degree fever the next day and was on medicine and bed rest all day. Over the next couple of days he became more like himself and by the end of the week he was his normal happy self. I'm glad those are over! Jace is really into making bubbles and if it wasn't so darn cute it would drive me completely insane! What can I say? I LOVE MY SON!!!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Hee hee- you crack me up! Glad to see you have a cute, healthy baby!