Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Baby Update

Well I had another check-up today. Not as eventful as the last one thank goodness! Everything is going great and one funny part is my belly is now only measuring 3 weeks ahead. HAHAHAHA! I guess it goes to show that measuring really isn't that BIG a deal.

We made a few decisions with the doctor today. We are planning on being induced on May 28th. Not something I wanted to do, but out of necessity has to be Plan A. Ryan is leaving on June 3rd for a business trip that won't be done until the 6th, AND my doctor is leaving for a family trip to Europe on June 2nd. I didn't ask when he would be back. SO, since Labor & Delivery doesn't schedule inductions on weekends OR holidays, which just HAPPENS to be both the cases for the last week in May, our only option is Friday the 28th. (Yes Mom I can see your eyes rolling right now)

Of course some things have to be in place for this to happen. 1: Baby's lungs MUST be developed when they do the Amnio test on the 27th. 2: I MUST be dialated to a 2 or a 3. If these are not in place, then it will be the waiting game. Plan B.

On a side note, I just have to tell you guys how AMAZING my doctor is. He is up-front and SO honest with us. I trust his judgement and know that my baby and me are his #1 priority.

I'm really excited to have this pregnancy almost over, and Ryan and I will get to meet our son. I've already started getting things organized for his arrival. I've pulled out Jace's newborn clothes, and I can't wait to use the newborn diapers!

I will keep you updated, but for now my next appt isn't until May 12th. We'll talk soon.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

How exciting to actually have a real date!! If I don't get cracking we can both be in May! :)

Brenton and Andrea said...

Yahoo! I know being induced isn't fun, but at least you know when the little peanut is coming right? :) Let me know if you need anything!