Monday, May 11, 2009

"911 what's your emergency....hello?"

Well it happened a lot sooner than I thought, and it was more embarrasing than I imagined. Jace called 911 yesterday. WOOPS! He was playing with Ryans phone and we had the keys locked on it so he couldn't make any calls. Or so we thought. Well if you hit the middle key enough times, it will pull up a list of things to do: Unlock, Cancel, and Emergency Call. Well I don't need to tell you which one Jace happened to land on. All of a sudden I hear a "hello?" and both Ryan and I jumped, surprised that he called someone, then we scrambled to get the phone because at the same time we realized there was only one number he could have called. Well in the process of us both reaching for it, we hit a ton of buttons and hung up on the operator!! My heart was in my throat! A few seconds later the phone rang. (I made Ryan answer it) After all it is HIS phone :) It was the 911 operator making sure everything was ok. Ryan told her we were sorry, but that it was our son who hit the wrong key and made the call. My face was so red!!! I guess I learned a lesson.

8 comments:

Tanya said...

haha, ohhh my. No, you get him a TOY phone silly, not your real phones!

King Family said...

Way to go Jace, at least you know he will be ready in case of a real emergency. I guess it's better to happen this way, then really need to call them (believe me). Good Story.

Brenton and Andrea said...

Ha! That's hilarious! The little rascal! :) Every mom goes through it sometime though right? :)

Craig and Jaimee said...

Enjoy the precious moment. It could be a lot worse. Kieran intentionally called 911 once because his friends and his brothering were being "mean" and wouldn't play fair. I had a fantastically, humilating time explaining all of that to dispatch and apologizing profusely. Tis the life of parenthood.

DJCannon said...

Love the smile on his face! Don't you hate it when they do something like that and just smile!!!

Something you better know as well, even when your keys are locked you can still type in the numbers 911 and hit send. If you have an old cell phone, you can open it up and disable the 9 or 1 key, and then they have their own cell phone that works in every way except to send and receive calls.

Van Leuven said...

oh how could you get mad at that cute litte face. I miss you haven't seen you for a while hope all is well with you.

Hartle Family 7 said...

Aunt Katie I bet that was a big Whoops!!!!Well it was a fun time to go see you and Jace on Thursday!!!He is the most cutest little thing !!! But i am bummed about not getting to see uncle Ryan!!
love ya,
Vanny

The Merkleys said...

Hilarious! Who could be mad at such a face?!