Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Unplugged Post #2

Homemade ice cream was the next item we completed on our Unplugged list. This was the first time I ever actually helped make homemade ice cream! It was by far the most tasty adventure!


It's amazing to me how many opportunities come your way when you are looking for them. One item on the list was to plant a tree. I thought it wouldn't be one that we could cross off (I don't really know why I thought that) but Grandpa Merkley opened that door for us. He had some cherry trees that weren't producing, so he and Grandma M decided it was time to take them out and plant something else. It was a lot of work to dig and remove the cherry trees (and I joked that we actually got to act like George Washington!) but it was so much fun to help plant the new ones. The boys are constantly checking on them and making sure they have enough water during these hot summer days. Thanks Grandpa M for letting us be your helpers!


The last activity I'll write about today is: making a sweet treat! The boys were all over this one. Lol! I chose to have them make a classic Rice Krispie treat. It's super easy and for their first solo in cooking I figured it would also be pretty fool-proof. I was right. They had so much fun and I wasn't a wreck trying to make sure it would come out right.


I am so thankful to the people behind this "Dinosaurland Unplugged" list. It has strengthened our family, and more important to me are the memories it has given us as well!

No comments: