Monday, July 28, 2014

July 4th Lapoint Parade

This year we decided to stay local and watch the Lapoint July 4th parade. It was really fun to see our little town hold quite a big parade. I won't show all the pictures I took but I want to point out the picture of Jace holding an orange sucker. This is a special sucker because he got it for answering a question at the parade. The announcer asked "Who wrote the words to the Star Spangled Banner?" Jace was telling me he learned about Francis Scott Key in pre-school the day before, so we ran across the road to tell the announcer. I wanted Jace to see the rewards for learning are used everywhere. The best part was that the announcer let him be the one to say the answer in the microphone. It was a proud mommy moment. Jace is so ready for school!

No comments: