Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Merkley Christmas Party 2011

This year I was in charge of the Merkley Christmas Party! I had NO clue what I wanted to do for the party (themes help me a lot!) so I hopped online and came across some masquerade masks. Lightbulb!

So, since the masquerade masks started in Venice, Italy I decided on a Italian themed Christmas! It turned out to be a blast! We ate a home-made version of Olive Garden's "Tour of Italy" dish. YUMMY!!! Then for dessert I made Italian sugar cookies. Let's just say that I will be the reason everyone on the "Merkley's Biggest Loser" is going to gain a few ounces. Sorry :)

For activities we did a gingerbread contest:

Mom and Dad's entry:


Matt and Andrea's entry:



It screams Matt doesn't it :)

Melanie and Scott's entry:





If you hadn't guessed alreay Melanie WON!!! Congrats Mel!!!

I have to put in Zachary's entry:

Great creativity Zachary!

Kari and Aaron's kids made some ADORABLE sleighs which I didn't even get a picture of! Sorry guys!

Logan and Cassie's entry:




Cami and James' entry:

It was supposed to look better, but it fell apart :)

And my and Ryan's entry:

Mine was 2nd place :)

We also made our very own masks:

After singing Christmas carols, which also began in Italy, we cleaned up the mess and sent everyone home.

Thanks guys for such a wonderful party! You all helped out with the food, and it was SO good to have everyone in my home! Thanks for leaving the Christmas spirit as well!

I love you!!! Have a Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Great gingerbread houses!
I have to help a bunch of 4th graders do them out of graham crackers and the only time I tried they looked a lot like Cami's......a heap o' crackers and icing and candy.....!

King Family said...

You did a very good job at hosting, and it was a lot of fun hanging out and laughing with the fam!!