Sunday, August 9, 2009

Jenny Phillips Results!

Hey Everyone!
Well I went to the Jenny Phillips workshop on Saturday. I didn't win the songwriting contest, but I got a GREAT critique from Jenny on my song! I realized I already knew a lot about how to write songs and the advice she gave me is priceless and will help me with the next songs! I learned the more I write, the better each song becomes! So much FUN information!
I met Hillary Weeks and Mindy Gledhill and Tyler Castleton and of course Jenny Phillips! If you don't know who they are, google them! It was such an inspiration to see them and be able to hear their stories. Hillary gave me her autograph and wrote to believe in myself because God does and to always seek to do His will. Mindy gave me her autograph also! It was so fun and I'm planning on going every year! Maybe one of my songs will eventually win!
This workshop also gave me a better idea of where I want to go with my music. Right now it's just a hobbby, but I want to do more with it! I'm getting serious about lyrics for my current songs, and when I'm done I'm going to hold a Critique Concert! You're ALL invited when it happens! This Saturday is the vocal part of the competition and I'm excited to see what things I can learn from Jenny on how to improve my voice!! I heard some of the other contestants singing and they sounded SO good! I'm not downing myself, but I also have to be realistic and just be excited to grow! Because someday I'll be there! :)
Thanks for all your support and comments!! I get a copy of Jenny and Tylers song I'm recording on Saturday, so I'll send that one along with my song for those of you who wanted them! PLEASE if you have ANY advice for me when you listen to them, LET ME KNOW!!! Every critique helps! That's what I learned this past weekend. My ablilty needs to grow! I'll let you know how things go this weekend!! Thanks again!!

3 comments:

King Family said...

Sounds like fun, I know that whatever you do with music will be great, can't wait for your concert, let us know we will be there for sure!!!

The Merkleys said...

I had no idea! Good for you!! I'd like a copy of your song, please.

Kodi said...

Katie, you are looking great!