Tuesday, October 26, 2010

To make a long story short....

It's been a LONG 3 weeks! Ryan went to Oklahoma on October 3rd to start a 3 week training for his new job at Schlumberger (pronounced Slumber-jay). Needless to say I've been hiding out in my house, cleaning, doing laundry, and missing my husband. Thankfully the last week and a half was filled with camping, staying at Grandma Merkley's so we have a lot to post now.

First thing I wanted to post about was Kayson's surgery. Yep. He had tubes put in both ears yesterday. He did great! We got to the Roosevelt hospital at 7 am and Dr. Catten took Kayson for surgery at 7:40. Ten minutes later Dr. Catten came out said he was finished and Kayson will be coming out in about 15 minutes. WOW. That was a fast surgery! 15 minutes later a red-faced, crying Kayson came out. He looked very sad! The nurse said he took a big gulp of anethesia and it would wear off in about 4 hours. We decided to not hang out at the hospital and left for Grandma Merkley's to pick up Jace. He spent the night (Thanks Mom). He seemed his happy little self a couple of hours later, and by 2 pm he was ready for his 4 month check-up. Even if he'll be 5 months on Wednesday.





Yeah I know. I was a mean Mom. But I figured since he was on Tylenol already I might as well get his shots. Plus I wanted to see how much my little man grew over the last couple of months. His stats were:

Weight: 16 pounds 15 ounces (70%)
Length: 27.5 inches (95%)

So looks like we have a Big & Tall boy on our hands right now. The Dr. couldn't believe how big he was and how long! I couldn't either! Only 2 weeks ago he weighed 15 pounds 4 ounces. I love it! He did great with his shots. Only cried for a second, then he fell asleep on the way home. Today he is tired and a little grumpy, but he is doing great! I can't wait to see him smile because he is pain free and able to sleep better! I love you little buddy!

No comments: