Friday, March 26, 2010

From Jace's View

I have the cutest son ever! Even when he frustrates me by getting into EVERYTHING (like: Toilet paper, dog food, movies for the 3rd time, his clothes, my make-up, and games that have TONS of little pieces) Need I say more???

The other day he managed to get my camera, turn it on, and take a couple of pictures:





When I looked at them, my first thought was, "Great. Now he can take pictures. What's next?" But then I REALLY looked at them. I realized how different we see the world. Him: a world of BIG things and BIG wonders to be explored and tested and tried. Me:(at least for now) a world where messes never end and the small things tend to make me want to scream sometimes. I'm glad I got this moment to see Jace's view of things. It makes me remember that he won't be small forever and to just laugh through my tears of frustration. The toilet paper doesn't need to be perfectly rolled to use it, the dog will always be fed, the movies won't always be in my OCD order, my son will learn on his own how to dress himself, my make-up can always be replaced, and games will go on being played. Even with knick-knacks for the missing pieces.



I love you son!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

He is so dang cute! I know I say that for every picture you take of him but its just so true! I can't believe how big he is getting.

Taci Merkley said...

He is getting so big! He is an excellent photographer for such a young age - Ha ha!

Hope things are going well with #2!
See you in May!